Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Grandma In Town!

Whose excited about a short work week?! I love three day work weeks....the week following a three day work week is hard though! 

Last week was an exciting week. Our friends, Brent and Chrissy, welcomed their little one, Charlotte, and Grandma Warren arrived on Thursday. Also, it is starting to feel like the Christmas season. George is one of those people who believes that pre-Thanksgiving is too early for Christmasy things....I, on the other hand, love this time of year and don't mind welcoming it early :)

We are having a few families over on Black Friday to watch the ASU v. U of A game so I am being very organized about getting ready for both that and Thanksgiving dinner. I am in charge of bringing cranberry sauce, corn bread, apple pie, and vanilla ice cream to my parent's and cranberry sauce and Martinelli's to George's parent's house. On Black Friday, I am making chili and some appetizers. I want to have as much as possible ready to go on Wednesday so that I can relax on Thanksgiving and do some shopping on Black Friday. It is a tradition (has been for 10+ years) for my mom and sisters and I to wake up early and hit the stores on Friday. We don't go for any of the big items (we would have to be in line now for that stuff), but we do like to go for some of the other deals. I am kind of annoyed with the stores that are opening at 9pm on Thanksgiving this year. Kind of ridiculous.....

We are enjoying our visit with my Grandma Warren so far. We all love her company so very, very much - and I'm not sucking up because she is one of my top readers :) 

Grandma feeding Paisley some lemon ice. She is like a little bird when it comes to food. She will come right up to you and open her mouth....that means she wants to be fed.


I took the day off on Friday and my Dad, Grandma, and I went on a bike ride in Gilbert


The bike ride was so awesome that I Emily, Nick, George, and I went on another short ride on Sunday (George was sporting his new bike that my parents bought him for his bday)


The cranberry sauce is ready (I made squeezed oranges for it....yummmm)


I just joined Instagram (late, I know) and was experimenting with the different picture effects


HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

PS- This year I am thankful for living back home in Arizona. Although California was a great experience, there is nothing like living near family. AND it is pretty awesome that we don't have to travel for holidays now!

PSS- I am thankful for our new home. We love it and are excited to make memories in it this Thanksgiving/Christmas season.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on all your blog posts! Enjoying them all, as usual. It's fun to catch up with what is going on with you and George. Happy Thanksgiving to you and George and all of your family. You are blessed with a wonderful family! I am grateful that Nick is part of your lives. Hope we will see you soon. Hugs, Jill, Pat & Hanlee

    ReplyDelete