Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Music

Hope everyone is having a good week so far! Mine has been a little too busy, but it should slow down a bit tomorrow. I've been "out in the field" for work which means falling behind on the office work....emails, emails, emails! I sometimes wonder what people did all day at work before email. Hahaha :)

Over the last few months, George and I have learned the wonderfulness in just relaxing and hanging out at home. Actually, I think George (and most people!) have always realized that, but it is kind of new for me! In the past, I always liked to constantly be on "the go".....and I still do, BUT I've learned to balance it out a bit more. It's definitely a good thing :)

One of George's all-time favorite things to do while relaxing at at home is to play his guitar or piano (keyboard for now b/c we live in a apartment)! If you stop by our apartment on any given night, you will quickly realize just how often George picks up his guitar or sits down at the piano - it's like every 5 minutes! :) Soo....he convinced me to join him in this hobby of his. George bought me a bass guitar as a wedding gift. I have to admit that it sat there for a few weeks, but we finally starting "jamming" and I'm kind of getting the hang of it. BUT I have a long way to go and I need a LOT more practice! We have 2 songs down so far!!

George (aka my teacher) playing his acoustic guitar!


Me, very focused on not messing up! Haha


3 comments:

  1. You need to record one of your "jam sessions" andpoat it so we can all see how terribly awesome you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mom and I were around for your very first lesson. You seemed to be a pretty good student. Can't wait to hear you two. It's been a pleasure listening to George. I'm sure that's relaxing to him and it certainly is relaxing to listen to. And yes, chillin is cool, no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous bass guitar! Very sweet of George. Playing a musical instrument is something I would like to take up in the future. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete