Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weekend Visit

We had such a wonderful weekend with my parents! They arrived on Saturday morning and were "on the go" until they left early Monday morning!

One of the big highlights of the weekend was our day trip down to San Diego. My mom and I had heard on a blog about a craft sale in San Diego (most of the vendors are also big time bloggers), so we convinced the guys to go :) And I am definitely glad we did because it was awesome!! I definitely was inspired by many of the crafty ideas...and now I have several projects on my "to do" list. Here are some pictures from the craft show:

There were three rows like this of vendors (I think approximately 50-60 vendors total)


Many of the vendors set up adorable little booths


NEED to remember this idea for Paisley's 1st birthday!



I was loving the beautiful fabrics they used for different crafts


One of my favorite booths - I took this picture to remind myself to make some of these pillows with the ruffles


Cute idea for a birthday or party decoration


iPad holder...if I had an iPad I think I would have bought one!


Banners for parties or holidays


Once I realized that it was OK to take pictures, I went a little crazy! Haha. I will post pictures of some of our purchases in a separate post later this week! By the way, the craft show was called the Queen Bee Market. I think that they are holding another one in November!

While we were in San Diego we also decided to hit-up Phil's BBQ. We read about it on Yelp.com (website with reviews for pretty much anything you can think of) and heard about it from friends. I guess you could say that we knew it must be good when we showed up and the line looked like this (at 2:30pm):


We had plenty of time to check out the menu while we were in line :)


My dad about to "dig-in"


Come on, who could say no to these??!


George figuring out his "plan of attack"


After Phil's BBQ, we rolled ourselves back to the car and drove back to the LA area. My parents got to see our new place and meet our friends/landlords, Sergio and Andi (Andi is a girl, just in case you were wondering).

Sunday was also a fun-filled day. We started off the day with church in Fullerton and then headed south to the Huntington/Newport Beach area. We had a nice walk around Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve in HB. On our way to Newport Beach, we drove along the Pacific Coast Highway and all of the action on Main Street in Huntington...the U.S. Open of Surf happen to be going on and it was BUSY! We dined at the delicious Mama D's Italian Kitchen. That was our second time there and once again, it did not disappoint (VERY good service and great food if you are ever in the area). We headed back to our place and shortly after, called it a night.

Here are a couple of pictures from Bolsa Chica:

I wasn't exactly prepared for the walk, but we made it work!


Entering the Reserve


Definitely a great weekend with my parents!! Now we are looking forward to our visit to Phoenix in just a few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Very fun post! Sounds like you had a great time with the parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! Hi George! Nick would probably say I am "stalking" you guys, but I am really enjoying your blog! Love all the pics you post and it is so fun to hear about the adventures of my favorite newlyweds! LOL!

    That craft sale looked awesome by the way! Maybe I should take a trip to San Diego next time it rolls around.

    Hope we get to catch up on one of your trips to Phoenix or if Nick and I get back to Southern Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great weekend with you guys Heather. We always enjoy coming out and being with you. Miss you lots!!! and it was worth the drive to San Diego (thanks for driving George) and thanks to Steve and George for putting up with us but we had a GREAT time at that craft sale.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete