Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

August

Whoa, it is August! Crazy...where did July go? Actually where has the summer gone?? I'm looking forward to the fall though. It is definitely my favorite time of year - Halloween, cooler weather, the anticipation of Thanksgiving and Christmas...I love it!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. It seems like my blog posts are less frequent these days. I was at work today and made myself write down "BLOG" so I wouldn't forget! I will try harder to remember :)

We are really enjoying our new place. We are renting a room from Sergio and Andi so it is less space than what we had, but it doesn't bother us at all. We were both saying that it is kind of nice to have a full house again. George and I both have bigger families and grew up with people constantly around so we feel right at home. Sergio has 2 daughters and Sergio and Andi have a son together.

We had a wonderful weekend...it felt GREAT to relax after moving last weekend. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday night with Sergio, Andi, and Sergio's two brothers. I got the most mild wings they had and they were still WAY TOO SPICY for me...everyone else got the really hot ones and they were fine. I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy food! On Saturday, we went to a nearby park and did this thing called shark boarding (I think that's what they were calling it). It was a lot of fun...probably dangerous too (I sat through a 7 hour safety meeting at work on Friday so now I'm all paranoid). On Sunday, George and I went to church and then out to eat at a Greek restaurant in Brea called The Olive Pit - it was so good...I love Greek food, very flavorful! Last night we were invited over to Sergio's parents house for dinner. They are Mexican and served some delicious Mexican food...carne asada, corn tortillas, rice, beans, and homemade salsa - DELICIOSO! Greek and Mexican food in the same day...the bowl of cereal for dinner tonight was a bit of a disappointment after that! :)

Anyway, back to the daily grind today! We're looking forward to a visit from my mom and dad this weekend :)

Here are a couple of short video clips from the park (I apologize, but you will have to turn your head to see these...now I know for next time!)




It's hard to make out, but that is George on the board with Sergio's daughter Juliette on the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment