Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ice Cream Factory!

Yesterday was AWESOME!! Why you ask?! Well, I went to the world's largest ice cream factory in Bakersfield, California. My company happens to own it! (and about 5 others in the U.S.)

Ever since I have started working for Nestle, everyone has said that I have to go to one of the manufacturing facilities to see how the ice cream is made. SO finally a month or two ago I rounded up some other new employees and planned a trip up to Bakersfield, CA (2 hours North of LA). Bakersfield is now more developed, but back in the day it was pretty much just dairy land.

I have always been an ice cream lover so this was especially exciting for me. Seriously, it was SO COOL to see Drumsticks, Tollhouse Cookie Sandwiches, Fruit Bars, Skinny Cow Sandwiches, and MUCH MORE being made. The care for each ingredient and quality awareness gave me an even greater appreciation for our ice cream!

Unfortunately, no pictures were allowed of the actual production lines :( But here are a couple from before and after the tour.

Here I am - happy and full from eating tons of ice cream!


The group right before we entered the production area. It's hard to see, but I am the second on the left.


I forgot to mention one of the best parts of the the tour...we got to eat the product right after it came off of the line!!! It tasted even better than it usually does!

No comments:

Post a Comment