Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

Summertime is sooo quickly approaching! Southern California hit the 90s today. Not nearly as bad as some of the temps Phoenix is feeling, I'm sure. George and I are are really fortunate...we live about 15 minutes away from the ocean in Irvine, CA. Our proximity to the ocean really makes for some aaaa-MAZING weather. I work about 30-45 minutes away (more inland) and the temps can be 10-15 degrees higher at work than the temps at our apartment. I guess I can kind of understand why people pay so much to live in the OC :)

Anyway, I am getting pretty excited for summer and all of the summery things that come with it! - VACATION, SWIMMING, NO SCHOOL (oh wait...that's not unique to summer!!), ETC. ETC. So in the spirit of summer, I wanted to share this summery recipe with YOU!...Lemon Blueberry muffins. This recipe is again taken from yourhomebasedmom.com

MMMM....I love me some lemons! :)


Not that I know from first hand experience or anything, but this batter was TASTY!!
(Dad, I was looking for you to give the spoon to)


They were not only tasty, but they were pretty too!


Had to get a close-up to capture the delicious lemon glaze!


OOPS, I almost forgot the recipe!!

Makes 8-9 muffins

Printable Recipe

1 1/2 C flour

3/4 C sugar

1/2 tsp salt

2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/3 C vegetable oil

1 egg

1/3 c milk

1 C fresh blueberries

1 Tbsp grated lemon rind

Glaze:

1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

1/2 C powdered sugar

Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 20 minutes

Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and lemon zest. In another bowl mix together oil, egg and milk. Add liquid into flour mixture and mix until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill lined or greased muffin tins. Bake and cool.

When muffins are almost totally cooled, just slightly warm drizzle with glaze.

Glaze: Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar together until a good consistency to drizzle with.

1 comment:

  1. Mom made lemons muffins and Hannah came out to the kitchen to wait to lick the bowl and spoon, but apparently mom didn't hear her and she rinsed them off! Hannah was really upset. It was funny. The muffins were delicious, but I am sure yours were too!

    ReplyDelete