Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall is Here!

I'm sitting on the couch with an "apple spice" candle burning.....it smells like fall.....and I LOVE it! I get so excited for this time of year. I just wish we had the weather to match it :) Hopefully this will be our last 100 degree week. I decided to bring a little bit of fall to our house with these red and orange mums. The only problem is that the sun is killing them....I put them in the shade today and am trying to keep them alive!


Tonight, Emily, George, Paisley, and I hung out at our house. Emily was planning to come over so I suggested that she bring Paisley too....that way Terrisa and Brian could relax a bit and have a night to themselves. She is really talking up a storm now. Most of it is gibberish, but you can tell that she knows what she's talking about! She also really seems to understand a lot of what everyone says to her. It must be frustrating when no one understands you.


We got a few more house related things done this weekend. We pretty much got the office all set-up. George also hung some more pictures. We are on the hunt for a piano bench. I found the perfect one on Craigslist, but it was gone when I called. I am also looking for an old, antique ladder....I want to paint the ladder and use it as a quilt holder for our living room (see picture below)....let me know if you have any ideas on where to look for either a piano bench or ladder. 


Finally, here is a picture of our kitchen with the new stools.


GOODNIGHT!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. The house does look great. This time of year a little shade and a large daily dose of water might keep them alive. I feel your pain.

    I'd check thrift stores, goodwill, garage sales and driving around before trash day to find an old ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, Dad! I need to have Emily to take me to some garage sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the ladder quilt rack. If you don't find one, maybe George could make one. Shouldn't be too hard...(easy for me to say!) Your house looks beautiful. I need to read your blog more often. Will try to make that a routine for me, as reading Facebook has become. Several years ago I made a quilted wall hanging of fall leaves. I hang it from late Sept through Thanksgiving. Maybe sometime you could make one for your home. I love the fall colors and actually have lots of fabric scraps that I'd be happy to share with you. You don't need much for the leaves. Your mums look very pretty on your porch! Aunt Gail

    ReplyDelete