Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Baby Quilt

Some of our friends, Brent and Chrissy, are expecting their little girl Charlotte anytime now. I found some fabric a few months ago that I knew would be perfect fit with the style that Chrissy decided to go with for Charlotte's nursery. I decided to try a simple rag quilt with the fabric. It turned out so cute, if I do say so myself :)



Instead of batting, I used a nice soft flannel in the middle. The seams were sewn facing up. I then cut the the seam every centimeter or so apart with special scissors used for rag quilts. After it is all cut, I washed it and put it in the dryer. The dryer gives makes all of the cuts really soft and fluffy. I can't wait to try another!

On Thursday, I am taking a class at Etc (local crafting store) on how to make a yarn wreath. I'm really looking forward to it. Pictures to come :)


No comments:

Post a Comment