Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone enjoyed their short work week and had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had TWO Thanksgiving dinners (one with my parents at 2pm and one with George's parents at 5:30pm). We were so, sooo ridiculously stuffed by the end of the day. I don't recommend eating that much. It is kind of past the point of enjoyment. The company was great though :)

On Friday, we hosted an ASU v. U of A party at our house. It kind of served two purposes - to watch the game and for people to see our house. I was telling my mom that our house seemed big until we put 25+ people in it....it got small fast! Once we have our backyard done (won't be until next year), we will be able to use that as well for entertaining.

We did do just a little bit of Black Friday shopping. Not nearly as much as years past. Like I said before, it was kind of annoying that stores opened so early. None of us were up for missing an entire night of sleep with plans the next day.

On Saturday night, we said goodbye to Grandma Warren (she went back to Rochester on Sunday morning). She treated us all to dinner at Charleston's on Stapley and the 60. That was our first time there and it was very tasty. It was nice to try a new restaurant....seems like that rarely happens. We always tend to go to the places near us that we know we like.

On Sunday, George and I went to the AZ Cardinals vs. the St. Louis Rams game at the University of Phoenix stadium. We had tickets through my work. A girl from my work went and George invited his friend, Jim....both are from St. Louis so they were cheering for the Rams. The Rams won. It was a cool experience. That was my first time to that stadium and my first professional football game too. Our seats were really good (only 24 rows up from the field). The crowd was also very, very energetic compared to other sporting events that I have been to.

I am procrastinating on an essay so I better go. I did one earlier tonight and have one more to finish. I will leave you with a few pictures that I took on Instagram (love that app!) while baking on Wednesday night for Thanksgiving.





1 comment:

  1. That apple pie was excellent. Unfortunately I finally ran out of leftovers last night. Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete