Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! It was nice to have everyone off of work to hang out with Madeline and me. Hannah and Emily came "home" (our house is home for now) for the long weekend. We celebrated Thanksgiving at George's folks' house...they hosted all of us (11, including the kids) plus some of their family. There were about 20 people total and Rachel (George's sister) did almost all of the cooking. She really enjoys cooking and wanted to take it on. I enjoy cooking too, but not for 20 people! :) Anyway, she did a great job and prepared a nice meal for everyone.

Brian, Terrisa, Paisley, and Parker went onto San Diego for the rest of the weekend to see Terrisa's family. My mom, Emily, Hannah, and I did some Black Friday shopping on FRIDAY (not Thursday)! We weren't very hardcore this year. We started at about 7AM and finished up around 2PM. It honestly wasn't that crazy when we were out shopping. I think that the crazy people that started on Thursday night were back home, in bed, by the time we started. On Friday, we also watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (recorded). Hannah's high school, Mountain View, was in the parade -- it was really cool to see them. Going to the parade is actually on my bucket list....some day!

Most of us (minus Hannah and Jeremiah b/c they have finals) will be heading to Beaver Creek, Colorado this Thursday morning! This will be our first trip with Madeline so I am a little bit nervous about the flight and car ride up to Beaver Creek from Denver (2 hours). We are all on the same flight so I'm sure the business men will steer clear of us, the group with a toddler and two infants. This is a trip that we all look forward to every year. Can't wait!

I have some sort of random pictures to share today (I didn't get any from Thanksgiving).

I thought this was a cool picture that George took the other day when he was out working on the yard...


This one cracked me up. Notice that Madeline and George are making the same face... :)


My mom bought Terrisa and I iron-on monthly milestones for the babies. I think I've mentioned it before that Madeline is a squirmy baby. Here is proof...she was not really into cooperating for picture. Haha :)



Madeline relaxing with Aunt Hannah this weekend...


No comments:

Post a Comment