Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Our Baby is Rolling!

Madeline is officially rolling! Last Sunday, she rolled from her back to her stomach for the first time. She seemed to get more confident in her rolling ability by Monday. George sent me this video below on Monday night while I was at school. Since he took this video, she is much faster. As soon as we lay her down now, she rolls right over. The funny thing is that she doesn't really enjoy being on her stomach...and she can't roll back! 


The next step is crawling....but that should be a few months away, which is a good thing, because our house is not "baby-proof" yet!

Tomorrow, I leave for a work meeting for a couple of days. I think it's going to be hard to be away from Madeline for 2 whole days!! I must admit though, the thought of getting two full nights of sleep sounds amazing!! Not that I have too much to complain about because she is a decent sleeper at night. I don't feel sleep deprived these days.  We will have the opportunity to go into the parks tomorrow night (our meeting is at the Grand Californian Hotel at Disneyland), which I definitely plan to do.

This past weekend, George and Derek played at a new wedding venue near us called Denmar Estate. It was a fun Valentine's Day event for the whole family -- my family, minus Hannah (who was in Disney World) came out for some music and waffles. On Saturday, we had a baby shower for Terrisa's brother, Adam, and sister-in-law, Sarah. Adam and Sarah are expecting their first baby, Landon, in just about a month. Parker will have two cousins very close in age! Yesterday, George and I celebrated our anniversary since I am going to be in CA on Wednesday. We haven't been on a bike ride together in forever so we decided to ride to downtown Gilbert for dinner, while George's parents watched Madeline. Grandma- I used your bike!

AND- the weekend is not over for me! I am actually off today for President's Day. I feel lucky to have today off since most companies do not give President's Day off. Madeline and I are hanging out. We had breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa Warren and Grandma Clark and now we're just hanging out at home. I am prepping for class tonight (not a holiday for ASU), doing laundry, and watching a new TV show called House of Cards. I am also wishing that every weekend was a three day weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment