Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Officially Walking!

We've been having a really exciting weekend over here -- Madeline is WALKING!! She dabbled throughout the week and now she is really getting the hang of it. There is definitely some wobbles going on, but she is consistently trying. It's so cute because she is proud of herself when she goes a longer distance....well, George and I do cheer and clap so I'm sure that has something to do with it :)  

Here's a video of the walking. I like this video because you can see Madeline walking and hear George playing piano!


Madeline loves hopping up onto the piano bench with George. She bangs away! 


 Yesterday morning, I went to our garden to do some work. There are some tomato plants from the people who had the plot before us. They are cherry tomatoes and they are coming in nicely! 


We have been working hard to clean up the plot (there were a ton of weeds) and prep it for planting. My goal yesterday was to finish tilling. It might not look like much, but I'll tell ya what, tilling isn't easy!  The next step is to mix in compost and then plant our seeds! Yesterday, there was also a community garden get-together. The community garden council informed us that NBC National News will be doing a special on Agritopia and the community garden. I don't know the details yet, but I'll post them on here once I hear! 



The weather has been shaping up around here. Yesterday we enjoyed lunch outside at Postino in downtown Gilbert.



We spent last night watching the ASU vs. USC game on TV. I normally don't discuss sports on here, but the game was SO good. ASU won in the last few seconds with a Hail Mary after USC was ahead for the entire second half. George and I were screaming and cheering...I still can't believe that Madeline slept through all of our noise :)


This morning, we did the Walk for Hope with General Mills. The walk was at the Phoenix Zoo so along the route, we stopped to look at all of the animals. Afterward, we went downtown to Matt's Big Breakfast and to see Hannah's dorm room. So, yeah...great weekend...and it's not over! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment