Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Disney Trip

Hi Everyone! I had some technical difficulty uploading those videos from my dad's birthday scavenger hunt. I should have them up sometime this week.

I haven't mentioned this on my blog yet, but we were supposed to be in Florida at Disney World this weekend. About 7-8 weeks ago we decided to plan a 3 night trip to Disney World for September 9-12. We're not exactly known for our weather luck....cough cough....anyone remember the massive dust storm on our wedding day? We even discussed how September is the peak of hurricane season, but figured the odds of a hurricane have to be relatively low. Well, you all know what's going on in Florida right now so needless to say, I am not typing this from Florida. It's a scary situation down there right now and we have been praying for all of those in harm's way. Fortunately for us, we knew about the storm plenty in advance and were able to postpone everything until this coming weekend. We did have a heck of time getting through to Disney because of their extremely high call volume due to the storm. I'm talking 16+ hours on hold. We found out the hard way that our phones have a 4 hour call limit so after 4 hours on hold our phones hang up. I wanted to cry (I actually did cry a little, to be honest) after it happened for the third time. Finally, the fourth time, someone picked up at the 3 hour 30 minute mark AND she hooked us up! She gave us an extra night, an upgrade to a suite (we're staying at the Art of Animation hotel on Disney property), and an upgrade to park hopper tickets (instead of the one park tickets that we got)....all for FREE! She was sooo awesome and I plan to write to Disney to tell them that. So we're headed to Disney World on Friday night for 4 nights now! Madeline knows that we're going to Disney World at some point, but she doesn't know when it's happening, so on Friday afternoon we are going to surprise them with the news. I can't wait to see their reaction! Luke won't really understand what's going on, but he gets excited whenever Madeline gets excited. :)

Sulking over our cancelled trip. 
Aren't these shirts my mom made us so awesome? :)


We made the best of our postponed trip by watching a couple of Disney movies this weekend :)


I'm sure I'll be bombarding you all with pictures from our trip in a couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment