Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back!

Well, we're back home.....and SICK!!! I seriously have the worst cold ever! George started to get stuffy yesterday, but he quickly started taking medicine so hopefully he can kick the cold before it gets worse. I am taking it easy this weekend...getting lots of sleep! :) Anyway, enough about that.

Our trip to Rochester was great! It was so nice to have a week off of work to relax and spend time with family. I am thinking that the only people who really read this blog are my family so I won't bother giving you all a play-by-play of the trip...since you were probably there :) And, as usual, Emily took all of the pictures, so I have none of those to share with you all either. Some of the highlights of our trip were: making strawberry jam, eating Abbott's Custard (love it!), Rochester Rhino's soccer game, watching my Dad, Brian, Ian, and George do a Chinese Fire Drill in the middle of downtown Rochester, Dan and Alaina's wedding (beautiful wedding and very fun reception!), eating at the Beef and Barrel in Olean, NY, going to my East Aurora, hanging out at the lake on the 4th, hanging out at both grandma's houses...and more (I just can't remember everything right now)!

I JUST REMEMBERED...something great happened on our way to Rochester - we got bumped!! The Warren family is kind of famous for getting bumped. What is a "bump" you ask?? Well, it is when there are more people than seats for a flight. They take volunteers to switch to a later flight and those volunteers are compensated with airline credit. We happen to get almost $1100 in Southwest credit AND we got in only about an hour later than our original arrival time. NOT BAD! As I was writing this, I wondered if there is a "bump record"...I didn't find anything, but I did find this article on bumping! http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2004-05-31-bumped_x.htm

I think my chicken noodle soup should be about ready now and I am hungry so goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment