Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Rochester Trip

Well, I had a really great time in Rochester over the past several days. It was great hanging out with my Dad and two Grandmas! Here is a quick rundown of the trip...

My Dad and I both arrived pretty late on Wednesday night. We were welcomed to Rochester with some cold weather and rain. Grandma Warren picked us up and we were off to her house - we stayed up talking for a bit and didn't get to bed until pretty late.

So, we did a bit of sleeping in on Thursday morning and then headed out to lunch with my Grandma Clark. We went to Carmine's for a delicious steak sandwich...YUM! After lunch, we spent some time wandering through Wegman's. Since I work in a grocery related industry and spend a lot of time in grocery stores for work, I have developed an appreciation for grocery stores. Wegman's is definitely top notch - they have a wonderful bakery, huge produce section, tons of prepared hot food items, a cafe (we got a cappuccino)...it was fun just walking around the store! The four of us (Grandma Clark, Grandma Warren, Dad, and me) spent Thursday evening relaxing and eating dinner at my Grandma Warren's.




Friday was the start of some of the University of Rochester Homecoming weekend events. Before we headed over to the U of R, I took my Grandma Clark for a haircut and we also managed to do some shopping. We had fun looking at baby clothes for Paisley :) Our first stop at the U of R, was a panel on "America's Debt Crisis" and although some of the stuff went over my head, it was very interesting! Most of the panel was either U of R alumni or U of R professors. Next, we attended a business school reception and dinner. We closed the day with a talk from a lady who has an album of pictures that belonged to prisoners of Auschwitz (pictures that  they were taken from them upon arrival). Long story short, she discovered the pictures on a trip to Auschwitz and has since dedicated her life to telling the stories behind the pictures and the people in the pictures. I thought it was extremely interesting.



On Saturday, my Dad and I headed back over to the U of R for two events that we didn't have tickets to, Bill Clinton's talk and a panel with Justice Scalia. There were two lines, one for people with tickets and one for people without tickets (who would be let in if space allowed). In typical fashion for my dad, he stood by the line for people with tickets and asked people entering if they had an extra tickets. The first person he asked at BOTH EVENTS said yes and gave him tickets. Doesn't hurt to ask!! :) Both events were awesome.




My Grandma Warren had a bunch of our family over for pizza and wings on Saturday night. It was great to meet Gabe and Katie's son, Caleb, for the first time and see everyone else too! And the pizza wasn't bad either ;) I forgot to take pictures!

Am I boring you all with the play by play of my trip yet?

I spent Saturday night at my Grandma Clark's so she dropped me off at my Grandma Warren's on Sunday morning and we headed out to Buffalo. Check out the delicious Scottish breakfast my Grandma Clark made me on Sunday morning...


We stopped by my Uncle Mark's for a couple hours on our way to the airport. We got to see their chickens! They are getting about 5 eggs per day from them now.


Definitely a wonderful trip and a nice break from work. Thank you to both Grandmas for having us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment