Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Better Late Than Never

I think I am overdue for a post....better late than never, I guess!

Since we had yesterday (July 4th) off of work, my week is all screwed up. Today felt like Monday and Tuesday felt like a Friday. The good news is that the weekend came up really fast. Yesterday, we went to the lake with the Froehle's (family friends in Las Sendas). They have a really nice boat and just about every summer they've invited us to join them on it for a day. Yesterday was very strange weather for an Arizona summer. It was overcast almost all day....that NEVER happens here during the summer. Oh and the temperature was around 80 degrees all day. We got rained out of the boat after a couple of hours, but the nice weather made up for it. George and I went over to our friend's house for a BBQ. Nick put on a nice firework show for all of us. I actually took a video of it that I will post later. Speaking of firework show, did you hear about the mess up at the one in San Diego? Apparently, the entire 20 minutes worth of fireworks were set off in 10 seconds. Oooops!

Over the weekend, George and I went with his family to the SRP cabins near Saguaro Lake. SRP stands for Salt River Project....it is a utility company that Anna works for. When they were building the dams around Arizona, they also built housing for the workers. They now rent out the housing to SRP employees. The cabins were right next to the river (and dam, obviously) so we walked down to the river and hung out for awhile. They also had this little game room to hang out in.  Here are some pictures!




This one is from the boat on the 4th. Notice the clouds that Hannah is driving us rich into!


I am getting so excited for our vacation. We are going to Pineridge, a "resort" in Canada that my Dad has been going to with his family since he was a kid. It really isn't a resort....more like a step up from camping. They have little cottages with 2 bedrooms each. We haven't been in years (probably 12+ years, I guessing). I have such great memories of trips there with our cousins. I can picture the entire place perfectly in my head. I can't wait to see if it is like I remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment