Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bike Ride and Gardening

It's been awhile since I updated my blog because we haven't been up to anything particularly exciting. Plus my phone has been full so I haven't been able to take any pictures (I did finally download my old pics so now I have room again). 

We did have a rough few days last week because Madeline was sick with a little virus. She was sick to her stomach and had a fever. She was pretty miserable and had no appetite. Poor baby...I hate it when she is sick like that. As usual, she bounced back pretty quickly and is her normal, active self again :) 

Some girls from work have been wanting to get together to ride bikes so last weekend, they all headed down to Gilbert (from Scottsdale) for a bike ride and brunch at Postino. It was a lot of fun! Check out the tandem bike...we borrowed that from George's parents. It's awesome! And I'm so sorry to everyone in Rochester for bringing this up, but we were downright HOT on our bike ride. It was in the 80's, but felt like the 90's.


I haven't mentioned anything about our garden lately. Truth be told, the garden has been a struggle. Gardening is no joke...it's such hard work! We had some issues with our drip system that required new lines. The lack of watering made the ground really hard so we decided to get it tilled. Emily and I went in and replaced the drip system after it was tilled and now we are back in business! 

George, Madeline, and I went to pick what did grow before it was tilled last Sunday. We actually ended up having a bunch of spinach, lettuce, and kale and a few carrots. I was able to make several salads and some cooke spinach from our crop :) 

Here are some carrots (left) and me in the garden pre-tilling...

 

Here is our garden post-tilling. The soil is much fluffier and easier to work with. Madeline tried picking some unripe strawberries from a neighboring plot...I stopped her before she did :) 


 It's clearly been a learning process, but hopefully it will be rewarding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment