Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring has sprung here in Pennsylvania and we are loving it. Our windows are open 24/7 and we're able to spend our weekends outside. I actually enjoyed having a "real winter" for the first time in my adult life, but I was ready for it to end (and I'm told it was very mild). We do not have a yard since we are in an apartment, but we do have a nice park right down the street. We also have an awesome bike path that goes along the river. In the fall, Luke wasn't big enough for our bike trailer, but this spring he is. A couple of weekends ago, George pumped up the tires on our bikes and we went for a ride. About a mile into the ride, George got a flat and he had to walk the whole way home while pulling the bike trailer with both kids...I did not include pictures of that. :) The bike is all fixed now so we'll be back our on the bike path soon. Luke and Madeline loved riding in the trailer, but Luke wanted nothing to do with the helmet. Safety first, Luke!



We also recently discovered a few other parks in our area....there are super nice parks everywhere here! We went for a drive on Easter (kids were car napping) through the Valley Forge National Historic Park. My parents told me that I was also there as a kid. It is huge and beautiful and only 10 minutes from our place...who knew?! Apparently not us...we definitely should've taken our visitors there! I mean, I knew we lived near Valley Forge, but I didn't realize that there was a huge park with a visitors center, a chapel, and a monument. I guess I should start googling or something. Norristown Farm Park was also a big hit for our family two weekends ago. It's an almost 700 acre park that surrounds a working farm that has been in continuous use since colonial times (found that little fact on google). We went on a long walk (run for Madeline) and then the kids played on the playground for awhile. 






Madeline is very into holidays these days. I think her school hypes them up quite a bit so she is very in tune to them.  Her excitement makes it fun for all of us. We colored eggs last weekend, but I must say that it was sort of a fail. I didn't know that you need vinegar, and we didn't have any, so I improvised with water. The colors were not very vibrant. I blame my parents. We didn't color eggs as kids. Ok, maybe once. 


On Sunday, I did my best to get a picture of the kids in their Easter outfits. Anytime Madeline was looking at the camera, Luke wasn't and vice versa. Oh well!



We should've asked someone at church to get a picture of the four of us...




I put together little baskets for the kids for Easter morning and we did an Easter egg hunt down at the park in the afternoon. Again, Madeline was super into all of it.




Here's a little video from our egg hunt at the park. You'll notice that Luke is now walking! He took his first steps about a month ago now, but wouldn't walk unless we stood him up and encouraged him. In the last week, he has gained a lot of confidence and is now walking pretty much 100% of the time. He suddenly seems like such a little toddler. He is so happy and proud of himself for walking. So cute! 


No comments:

Post a Comment