Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal Wedding

Anyone planning to watch the royal wedding tonight? I'm planning to set my alarm clock...I hope I actually wake up! I'm sure there will be TONS of highlights on TV for the next several days, but there is a certain appeal in watching it live.

I was talking with a coworker today and we were saying how nervous Kate must be. What if she tripped? - in front of the WORLD!! But seriously, how crazy to know that millions upon millions of people are watching your wedding. Although millions of people watching their lives is surely the norm for them by now.

George and I are heading to Las Vegas after work tomorrow. We are going with George's friend from work (Sergio) and his girlfriend (Andy). We are staying at the Planet Hollywood Hotel. Should be a fun weekend!!

We are watching American Idol right now....I think I know who is getting voted off tonight b/c someone on the East coast posted something on Facebook. I am being cryptic just in case someone reads this within the next 30 minutes :)

Any fun plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

  1. You are crazy. I am DVRing it on two different channels (CNN and E! so I get both ends of the spectrums) and I will be watching them tomorrow night. I like my sleep way too much to wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I do love my sleep, but this is worth it! I can sleep in the car on the way to Vegas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was listening to NPR this morning and a woman was on talking about hats. She talked about prominent guests "who shall not be named" may be having hats made that were too grand and might take away from the bride (a big no-no!). She was also saying how Kate (like Diana) will influence the style. Here are some cool articles:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=135504663
    http://www.npr.org/2011/04/24/135661704/dare-a-head-go-bare-not-at-this-royal-wedding

    ReplyDelete