Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Weekend

What a great, relaxing weekend with my parents! My mom and dad flew in on Friday night. George and I picked them up at the airport (we carpool to work which is AWESOME...gas = $4.10 or so here in Southern California) and we headed to happy hour at a nearby restaurant. After a bit of food and drink, we headed back to our apartment and relaxed for the rest of the evening. George had to work on Saturday and was out the door early. My parents and I, on the other hand, had a slower start. We spent the day running some errands and redeeming some of our wedding gift cards. On Saturday night, we ate pasta with homemade sauce and meatballs and watched "Goodwill Hunting". We started Sunday out with church. We picked up Einstein Bagels, brought them back to the apartment, watched a bit of golf, and headed out to Newport Beach! I had bought a Groupon for a boat rental in the Newport Bay and it turned out to be pretty cool. It was fun to look at all of the really nice homes and boats around there. The rest of the afternoon included a quick trip to Huntington Beach and dinner at a restaurant in Newport (another Groupon!...what can I say?? I like a good deal!)

George and I agreed- GREAT weekend!

This week is busy with work stuff and finishing up wedding "Thank You" cards! :)

1 comment:

  1. Mom and I had a good time. Thanks for having us. Your homemade sauce and meatballs were great. The boating in Newport Harbor was cool. And just spending time with the two of you was the best.

    Now the rest of you family and friends get out there and visit them. You'll be glad you did!

    ReplyDelete