Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Technology

Well, George is safe and sound in Arizona! He left this morning and arrived around 5pm or so. I head there tomorrow until Wednesday.

The theme of this week has been new technology! First, I got an iPhone on Tuesday!! Yeaaah! Everyone always talks about how great the iPhone is and I kind of thought it was too hyped. BUT now that I have one, I get it :) I mean, "if you don't have an iphone, then you don't have an iphone." RIGHT?! Haha (Apple commercial anyone???)

My work is also going through a big technology transition. We are migrating over to a new system/server...I'm actually not sure exactly what's going on, to be honest, but something like that. So, for me, that meant a new laptop. Not a macbook, but hey, I'll take it. The only bummer though is that I'm not able to upload my pictures from my gmail account anymore. Normally that would not be a big deal, because I typically just use George's macbook for 99% of everything I do at home, but George had to take it with him for homework (can't remember if I blogged about it, but George started a Master's program in Human Relations at Northern Arizona University...he is able to take his classes online). George was so kind and left the ipad for me though. Basically, what all that means to you, is that I won't be able to upload pictures to my blog for a little while. And that's too bad too because I had some good ones to share!

If I was going to show you a couple pictures, the first one would be of the flowers and Salted Caramels that George gave me on Valentine's Day. I first tried the caramels at Costco last week. I liked them so much that George went back to get them! They are Kirkland brand (Costco's brand). I think Costco has a very smart approach to their business. First, they are very selective about what items are sold in their stores. They go for very high quality and don't necessarily care about the brand. Overtime, their customers have had good experiences with Costco products and come to trust their selection of products. So, Costco customers are willing to try new items...including those Kirkland branded. And, of course, Costco makes more on their own brand than they do name brands. Very clever.

I also took a few pictures of George and Keziah saying goodbye :( He will probably wonder where George went!!

Well, off to bed. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment