Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Finally an Update

I've been trying to make time to update my blog for the last few days and I seem to keep on getting distracted with other things. So, finally, here we go.

Last week was the busiest week of my life with work. My company sells pizza and super bowl happens to be our busiest frozen pizza "holiday". I was running around like crazy, but managed to survive. I was so exhausted on Friday night during dinner...I was practically falling asleep on the table. Thank goodness things have calmed down this week.

We are getting ready for George's departure this week. Most of our stuff is still in boxes so the move should be relatively painless. We got the cars all up to date on their oil changes, tire rotations, stuff like that. Brian and Terrisa happen to be coming into town this weekend with Brent and Chrissy so they are going to drive the Hyundai back. George is going to leave during the middle of the week next week with the truck. And I will be here with my company car. Most of our stuff will stay here too until I move back.

On Saturday, we are going to Disneyland with Brian, Terrisa, Brent, Chrissy, Carrie (Chrissy's sister), and Alonso (her boyfriend). Carrie and Alonso both work for Disney as artists and will be getting us into the park. Nice, huh?! We're really looking forward to it! It will be a nice last trip to Disneyland as California residents.

I will end this post with a new recipe that I tried on Tuesday night. Here you go:

Ingredients

1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

Directions

Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake.

They turned out delicious...I recommend the recipe!

*Notes: I added 1/4 cup more of both flour and peanut butter (other reviews recommend those changes). I also added a teaspoon of vanilla and used creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy.

And some pictures!



1 comment:

  1. I made a batch of these cookies to thank Gabe's school for all of their support. I have never made peanut butter cookies before, but this was easy and delicious!! Hopefully they like them too! :)

    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete