Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Front Porch

Great day! George and I typically sleep in on the weekends, but this morning I woke up at 7am. I am always glad when I wake up early on the weekend because it makes the weekend seem much longer. I started off the day with some errands (grocery shopping, car wash) and a bit of cleaning. When I got home, George was out front doing some yard work. Today was the most gorgeous, spring day so we were inspired to spruce up the front porch a bit. We hit up Tia Rosa's (one of our favorite Mexican restaurants) for an early lunch, and then headed to Lowes.

We bought a flag (and light for the flag) and some hanging planters. The porch is looking great and we are ready for spring!

The final results picture hasn't downloaded yet so I will have to add that later. Here is George working on the hanging planters...


You can see me in the background reading instructions for a wreath that I am starting to work on.



Also, I had to share a couple of pictures from Paisley's birthday on Thursday. She is now a two year old :) On her birthday, we all went out for pizza and then went back home for a cupcake. My mom picked up this cookie monster cupcake. She loved it when everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to her, but she was terrified of the cupcake itself. She refused to take a bite. I think it freaked her out because she sees Cookie Monster "alive" on TV. I will try to post the video of her refusing to eat it.


Tonight, Brian and Terrisa hosted a BBQ at their house. It was all of the Warren siblings and the Hobson siblings. Then, I headed to a "Ladies Night In" that a women on my street hosted. It was nice to meet a lot of the neighbors. There have been a couple other get-togethers, but we always seem to be out of town. It is nice to finally know some more people on our street!

No comments:

Post a Comment