Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to everyone! We have had a jam packed weekend. I was actually off on Friday...I ended up spending some time working anyway, but my Dad and I were able to get a bike ride in too. It felt good to spend some time in the sunshine. It has been so nice here lately, but with work and school I don't take advantage of it enough. We'll hopefully get another bike ride in this week.

On Saturday, Gabe, Katie, and Caleb flew in and we immediately headed up to an Easter egg hunt in Scottsdale. One of our family friends, Diane Rogers, has a sister who hosts a big hunt/party every year. Diane invited us this year figuring that Paisley would enjoy it. I think Paisley and Caleb both enjoyed themselves....what they didn't enjoy was the Easter Bunny. Both of them wanted nothing to do with it :)  I think the adults enjoyed it as well. They had an amazing spread of food and drinks. Some of the desserts took someone a lot of time...you'll see what I mean when I show you the pictures.

Yesterday was also Marie's 18th birthday. For her gift, we let her pick out something at the mall since she is really into shopping right now. I took her to the mall and after trying on several outfits, she chose a really cute skirt, tank top, and necklace. She was looked very fashionable in her new outfit today. After shopping, we met up with George at our house for pizza and a movie. She also spent the night at our house for the first time. Happy 18th, Marie!! You've grown up into a lovely young ADULT!

Today, we woke up and joined everyone at church. AND.....the rest of the day was spent eating. I'm not kidding. We went to brunch with George's family at the Sheraton in downtown Phoenix. There were eleven of us at the brunch and I think we all left stuffed. The brunch included a buffet with everything from shrimp and crab to filet mignon to breakfast food. After brunch, we went to my parents' for dinner and another Easter egg hunt for Paisley and Caleb. After yesterday, they were old pros at hunting for eggs. As usual, my mom made a great dinner, but George and I had to limit our intake because we were so stuffed from the brunch. We did save some room for meringues (my favorite)!! We ended the weekend with some swimming. My dad heated up the hot tub a little bit for all of us....Paisley and Caleb had a blast "swimming" :)

I have some pictures to share, but I will have to wait to upload them until they stream to my computer from my phone. I will try to post those tomorrow! I hope you all had a great Easter as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment