Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Caramel Apples

I am DONE with classes now! I had finals yesterday and was so relieved when I handed the last one in. I will now have a few months off and will go back in January to finish my final semester before graduation in May. Madeline can officially come anytime :)

We went for an ultrasound on Monday and we are going back for another one tomorrow. Last Monday, they were able to give us an estimate of her size. It looks like she is going to be a pretty big baby. She was 7lbs, 7oz and of course she is still growing! So she will most likely be somewhere between 8-9 pounds! My amniotic fluid was also a bit low last week according to the ultrasound, so they are bringing me back in tomorrow to check on that. 

Before I go, I wanted to share some pictures of the caramel apples that I made today. I tried making some last weekend, but I skipped a crucial step. 

I started with COLD apples (that was the step I skipped last weekend). The caramel sticks much, much better when they are cold. 


I melted caramels with a tiny bit of milk (about 1.5 tablespoons for 20 or so caramels) for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. I used the soft caramels from Costco. 



Next, I dipped the apples in the caramel and rolled them in the toppings. I used M&Ms, Reeses Pieces, and almonds. 


I let them harden in the fridge on parchment paper. After the caramel was hard, I put them in clear bags and wrapped with raffia. 

 

A delicious fall treat!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your news! Am just catching up on the last few blogs. Your caramel apples look pretty and very yummy! Can't wait to meet little Madeline. Aunt Gail

    ReplyDelete