Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Baby Showers!

Over the weekend, Madeline and I were "showered" with so love at two baby showers. On Saturday, my mother-in-law, Anna, hosted a lovely baby shower at the Landmark Restaurant in downtown Mesa (for those of you who were there, it is the same place where our rehearsal dinner was). Many of George's family members were there and we enjoyed a very nice lunch. I have to share a picture of the amazing cake that Anna got...


THEN, on Sunday, my mom, Emily, Hannah, and Terrisa hosted another beautiful shower at my parent's house.  They made some of my favorite food (my mom even made meringues). I loved the decorations that they put together!! 


So, when I got home from both showers, George was in charge of emptying the carload of gifts. Seriously, we got a ton of awesome stuff. Between the shower in Rochester and the two showers here, there is bsacially nothing left to get. I can't thank everyone enough for the generous gifts...we were truly showered! I didn't take pictures of everything, but here are a few things...

Madeline officially has a great book collection. Before last weekend, this shelf had 2-3 books and now it is full! My favorite book (The Big Hungry Bear) is part of the collection...can't wait to read to her. 


Had to share this gift that Paisley picked out for Madeline :) 
Don't mind the shadows, I took these pictures at night. 


George especially loved this awesome musical instrument gift from the Fosters...


I am always a sucker for a handmade gift. These gifts look professional...George's cousin's wife, Christi, made this adorable hat and bibs (I don't think I can even use these bibs...they're too nice!) 


You should see her dresser and closet too...they are full of adorable clothes. 

The official countdown is 2 weeks and 5 days and according to my "What to Expect" app, she is now the size of a watermelon...yep, it certainly does feel like I am carrying a watermelon!! I am getting a bit more uncomfortable now, but I still can't complain too much. She is kicking like crazy; I can tell that she doesn't have much room to move around. On Monday, we go for the 38 week ultrasound. It has been 20 weeks since the last ultrasound so I am very anxious/excited to see what she looks like now (and approximately how big she is too). 

Off to bed! PS- ONE more week of school!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment