Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving, George's parents, grandma, and Marie made the drive out to Texas! They were here in Austin for a few days and then we all headed to San Antonio for Thanksgiving. They rented an adorable Airbnb right near the riverwalk. It was the perfect house for all of us and the location couldn't have been better. 

Marie, Anna, and I did the cooking. Marie and I were in charge of the sides and Anna handled the turkey. One tip that I have to share. We did the stuffing in the crockpot and it was the best stuffing ever. I sautéed the celery and onion on the stove top and then put everything into the crockpot on low for 4 hours or so. Definitely doing this from now on. 


 


We took a walk down to the riverwalk while the food was in the oven. We were near the historic Emma Hotel which was in the Pearl District. Such a neat area! 






I absolutely love this picture of George and Marie. Marie's smile just makes you smile, right? :) :) 


 Finishing touches and time to eat! 


Dutch apple pie made by the kids and me and eggnog made by Rachel for dessert! 


No comments:

Post a Comment