Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Last Week

Hi All! I have missed blogging over the last couple of weeks. I have been to and from CA over the last three weeks and it has been tiring me out. The good news is that it will all be done in a few days. I head back to Phoenix for good on Friday. I am so excited to just be at home :)

George flew out here to CA on Saturday and we drove a Uhaul with all of our belongings to Arizona on Sunday. We really don't have much stuff in comparison to other people, but we were commenting on how much stuff we have accumulated over the past couple of years. My mom drove out here with me in June 2010 with all of my stuff in my SUV. George just came with his truck and some small furniture in the bed of the truck. I guess that's what happens over time...

In between all of the craziness of moving, traveling, and work, George and I managed to find ourselves a place in Arizona.....WE PUT AN OFFER IN ON A HOME! We are actually going to be building the home so we won't move in for 6 months. It's hard to believe that we are going to be homeowners, but VERY exciting nonetheless.

The name of our new neighborhood is Morrison Ranch. It is in Gilbert, AZ...just 5 minutes from George's parents, 20 minutes from my parents, and 5 minutes from Brian and Terrisa. The neighborhood is old farm land and they actually still have functioning farms within the neighborhood. We are in love with the look and feel of the neighborhood. It is going to be so exciting to watch it be built over the next several months. And actually, the builder is the same builder who built my parents home in Las Sendas (Blandford).

In case you're interested, here is the link to pictures of the model home...ours will be the same set-up and floorplan, just without the furniture and decorations :)
http://morrisonranch.blandfordhomes.com/res3_virtual-tour.php#series

We have our "design center" appointment next week where we get to select our flooring, counters, cabinets, paint color, etc. I'm sure this will be a topic of my blog for the a bit. Haha.

I'll be back to my normal blog schedule next week. I am so out of my regular routine right now! AND...I have a horrible cold :(

Goodnight, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you two! I will check the builder website right now. It doesn't get much better than this...moving back home and building a brand new house! Have fun! and CONGRATULATIONS!! Aunt Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the traditional look of the front of your house. Then once inside it reminds me a lot of your parents' home. It's absolutely beautiful! You will have so much fun decorating. I remember how your mom and dad went through all those choices. How nice to have a community park and lake. Once again, I'm very happy and excited for you! I will have to settle for your blog as the next best thing to being there. Aunt Gail (again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Aunt Gail! We liked the "farm house" look as they called it. We have the appointment on Thursday to make all of the decisions....I'm sure it will be overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete