Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Lazy Saturday

I am currently enjoying a lazy Saturday. I love the weekends....don't we all? Except for those of you who are retired. In your case, everyday is a weekend!

We had a great time at the cabin over Memorial day. Half of us headed up on Friday (Paisley, my dad, Emily, George, and me) and the rest (Brian, Terrisa, Emily, Hannah, Jeremiah, and my mom) came up on Saturday morning. 

Prior to heading up there though, George and I went to Yewon's graduation from high school and Sarah Moser's graduation party. Yewon only had 6 people in her graduating class....yes, SIX! She went to a really tiny Christian school in Mesa called Redeemer. Yewon spoke at the ceremony - she read a Bible verse that her and the other students chose as a representation of their time in high school. She also gave a little talk on why they chose that verse. She did a great job. Afterward, we popped in at Sarah's graduation party. I have to say, the fact that she is graduating makes me feel old! I used to babysit Sarah when she was in 1st grade and now she is off to college. Crazy! Hannah will be next.

Back to the cabin trip....Saturday was spent hanging out at the rec center in the neighborhood. We had a few ping pong matches (Brian and Terrisa beat George and I in an intense match), played some Rummikub (I won), and then joined in on BINGO! They had a few sessions of BINGO - one for kids, one for teens, and one for adults. Hannah won the grand prize in the teen round. George and Terrisa both won a game in the adult round. Their prizes were decent....Hannah got a sleeping bag, George got two pizza pans, and Terrisa got a running pack with a with a water bottle. Nothing like a riveting round of BINGO! We finished off the day with a spaghetti dinner and a movie. 

On Sunday, we all went to the movies (minus Brian who was watching Paisley). The guys watched Man in Black 3 and the girls saw What to Expect When You're Expecting. Brian and my dad golfed in the afternoon while the rest of us relaxed at the cabin. At night, we found a restaurant that could accommodate our huge party and then came home, watched another movie and made milkshakes (Strawberry Haagen Dazs shakes, of course). 

On Monday, we went on a family run/bike ride and then packed up and went home. Fun weekend with family :)

This week was busy at work, as usual. The summer months tend to be busy for us. I guess people like to eat some cold ice cream when it is 115 degrees outside. I do.

Not much going on this weekend. George is swinging by the house on his way home from work today so I might have some updates on the house for you all tomorrow. We are probably looking at a mid August move-in date. I'm sure it will be here before we know it! We actually might go look at some furniture tonight or tomorrow. 

I made peach cobbler (from the peaches that we picked) for the cabin. It got good reviews :)


Yewon speaking at her graduation ceremony


The people that I beat


No comments:

Post a Comment