Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dinner!

I'm running out of things to blog about, because well...we work, we eat, and we sleep! SO, guess what? I'm blogging about eating! BORING, I know, but I want to keep my blog going and my goal was at least two posts per week.

Growing up my parents always made sure we sat down and ate dinner as a family. I'm so glad we did that because it provided some good family time and some good conversation...and probably some good debates and arguments too! :) My mom makes planning and preparing a dinner for six people (or more) easy. Turns out, it's not. Imagine that! With a busy schedule and after a long day at work, going out to dinner is pretty appealing....BUT going out adds up quickly and I always end up eating unhealthy (not that the burgers pictured below were healthy). Long story short, I have been making a big effort to plan out our meals. And George has been pitching in too! So without further ado, here is our meal from Monday night!

We have a Sprouts Farmer's Market (it's more like a grocery store/farmer's market) nearby that has lots of very reasonable priced fruits and vegetables. Note the new salad spinner! :)

Some delicious mango!

Ready to head down to the grill (our apartment has some community grills). For my Rochester family, that green stuff is avocado! Just had to point that out b/c when I was visiting Rochester back in the fall, I went to Subway and asked for some avocado on my sandwich. To my surprise, the lady had no idea what avocado was- and then the other lady working said, "we don't eat avocado in Rochester!" Haha!!


The grill master!

Some delicious salad to start!

And an Arnold Palmer for George and my favorite iced tea from Trader Joe's to wash it all down


Take that Red Robin!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, but their fries are so good! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. True!! I do love their fries...I think that was obvious last week!

    ReplyDelete