Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend with Emily

This past weekend we had a visitor in town...my sister Emily! It was so much fun to have company (we love visitors) and it was especially fun to have Emily in town. Emily was actually in town for work. She is an intern at City of Hope in Phoenix- she works in event planning (graduating in May, if anyone knows of any event planning jobs!) Anyway, she had a work related training in LA during the week and came to stay with us Thursday-Sunday. On Friday, George and I both had to work so Emily met-up with a friend (Carrie Hobson) for a tour of Disney's Consumer Goods division. Carrie works as an artist for Disney! George, Emily, and I kept it pretty low-key on Friday night and just went out for some Italian food. On Saturday, the three of us went to Disneyland!!! ... which of course was a great time. Emily is going to send me some pictures that I will post at a later time- she's like the only one who actually take photos in our family. Needless to say, we were pretty beat on Saturday night! Emily's flight was out of LAX on Sunday evening so we headed down to the LA area beforehand. George and I had been wanting to go to this really neat Farmer's Market- we did end up going there, but it was pouring rain so we'll have to go back another time to actually enjoy it! It was great to have Emily in town- other visitors are welcome (just not too many at a time b/c we live in a tiny place! :)

George did take this one photo- we did this awesome animation tutorial at California Adventure! I was pretty impressed with my sketch, if I do say so myself!


2 comments: