Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Weekend Trip to CA

I think I mentioned last week that George and I had a weekend trip to CA planned last week. I had to fly out there on Thursday for a work meeting so I decided to stay a few extra days and make a trip out of it. George flew out on Friday evening after work.

We spent the weekend with our old roomies, Sergio and Andi (who we rented from for our last 8 months or so in CA). The last time we saw them was actually at their wedding last July so it was definitely great to catch up. And since we have last seen them, they welcomed a new addition to their family, Oz! Their son Oz was born in January...it was great to finally meet him. He is such a good baby. He never, ever cries. I know a lot of people say that about their babies, but Oz literally did not cry the entire weekend. He just "chills" (and eats and sleeps, of course), but seems to be perfectly content. He is also a big boy with a ton of hair.

Most of the weekend was spent just hanging out, relaxing, talking, and eating. We went to a few of our favorite restaurants. We also got to spend Saturday afternoon with Sergio's whole family. They were so nice to always include us in their family things while we lived in CA, since we didn't have any of our family nearby.

Anyway, it was a fun, short trip. I'm glad we finally made it out there b/c we have been meaning to for a few months. Here are a few pictures of our trip:

A couple of these are kind of dark. I made the mistake of taking a picture of Oz with the flash on and it completely startled him (but no tears!). I felt bad so I took the flash off for the rest...

George and Oz! 


Keziah and Oz! Kez is talking so much now and he is also super active. It was funny when we arrived b/c he was telling us how someone else is in our old room now. He was confused as to where we were going to sleep :)


I told you, he is a big boy (4 1/2 months) with a ton of hair! 


 On the way to the airport, we had to hit up our favorite spot, Porto's... I have highlighted Porto's on my blog before...


2 comments:

  1. George looks pretty comfortable there with Oz and he looks like a wizard with that grill!
    - Dad W

    ReplyDelete