Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend and Happy Father's Day

I hope everyone had a great weekend! George and I did! One of the highlights of our weekend was a really nice dinner at a French restaurant in Newport Beach. My boss gave me a gift card a month or so ago for dinner and we decided to use it on Saturday night. The restaurant was seriously tiny...only 6 tables in the entire place, but the food was delicious. Of course, we had to get creme brulee for dessert (one of my absolute favorites).

On Sunday we went and picked up my bed from the house where I used to rent a room. Meri let me store my bed there for the past few months, but now she has a new tenant moving in. Anyway, finding a place to store the bed in our small apartment was challenging....AND it made me realize how moving in a month is not going to be fun! Oh well, I guess it is much better than moving an entire house full of stuff.

And, of course, yesterday was Father's Day! Unfortunately, George and I were not able to be with our dads yesterday, but we did talk to both of them. I spent a lot of yesterday thinking about how thankful I am for my dad. For those of you who know my dad, you know he is a great person. Just like I did for Mother's Day, I want to take a few minutes to tell you all some of my favorite things about my dad...

1. My dad is never shies away from a challenge or adventure. He has moved our family a few times for greater challenges in his career (which I can appreciate even more now that I am starting my career); He loves traveling and always treats travel as an adventure...that could mean renting a room for the family in a hostel in Belgium, hiking the Grand Canyon with my brother, or taking his family "shopping" in the most ghetto alley in Los Angeles, the man loves adventure!

2. He is a wise guy. Haha, yes, he is a "wise guy" too :) but seriously he is a very wise person. I have gone to my dad multiple times to get advice...whether it be personal advice or work advice, he always seems to be able to help me out. My dad has conducted mock interviews for me before I interview for a job, he has helped me plan out my budget, and is always the calm and collected leader of our family (we need that sometimes)!! Just all-in-all, a very wise person.

3. He is very balanced! I included this one in here because it is something that I am personally working on. My dad works hard at his job, exercises regularly, attends band concerts and soccer games, takes time to relax, etc, etc ,etc. I'm sure that it is not always easy, but he really manages to maintain a great balance in his life. I admire that!

Those are just a few of the many great things about my dad! So Dad, Happy Father's Day...wish I could have been there with you :)

Speaking of balance, I need a good night of sleep so GOODNIGHT my blog readers :)

2 comments:

  1. Heather, nice job describing your dad. You need a calming and collected leader, hmmm wonder if it's because your mom freaks out on many an occasion. Great post!!!
    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather. I'm behind on checking your blog. Of all times. Guess I'm a little "out of balance". Thanks for the kind words. As a father it's really a joy and blessing to see you, Brian, Emily and Hannah grow into adults and do so well in the world. You make your Mom and me proud. Love you and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete