Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Projects

Oops, a week has past since my last update!

As mentioned in my last post, George spent the weekend in Arizona. He had a really great time hanging out with his family. He took Marie to Sunsplash (water park in Mesa) on Sunday and I think they both enjoyed each other's company :) George also got to meet Paisley for the first time. He said that she was very smiley! Our next trip back to Arizona will be over Labor Day.

Meanwhile, back in California, I occupied myself with a bunch of little projects. It was kind of fun just relaxing at home and working on some crafts. We have a huge island in the kitchen that is PERFECT for projects, sewing, etc! It can get really messy when I pull out all of my stuff. Here is a little look at some of my accomplishments from the weekend.

The first project was a little skirt for Paisley. Until now, I have pretty much stuck to quilts. I was excited to try something new!


My least favorite part of sewing - ironing the fabric!


A little skirt :)


Then I decided to add a bit of lace. I like it!


I'm not quite sure if this skirt will fit Paisley, I was kind of winging the measurements...oh well, it was good practice either way.


Here is the second project...a button monogram! Guess who it is for...Paisley! I follow a bunch of blogs and they always have ideas for baby stuff. And baby stuff tends to be a bit easier to make.


Here is a close-up. I really like the way this turned out :)


I did work on a few other projects too, but I'm not going to share those. My goal is to give homemade gifts for Christmas this year....so if I start showing everything that I make, nothing will be a surprise come Christmas time!

I was glad to have George back on Monday evening. It was starting to get a little lonely in this apartment!

I hope everyone else is having a good week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment