Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Burrrr

The weather is getting cold here....burrrr....temps were under 60 and rainy all weekend. It is a welcome change for most people around here. The summer temperatures were lingering too long! It's funny because on rainy days in Arizona/S. CA, everyone has something like, "I LOVE THIS WEATHER" on their Facebook. Which is opposite than those of you in upstate New York :)

I spent most of my weekend working on projects/crafts for an upcoming holiday boutique that my mom, sisters, and I are participating in. The holiday boutique will be held at Scrapbooks, Etc on Saturday, November 19 from 10am-3pm. It will feature vendors with all things homemade. Scrapbooks, Etc. is amazing....I LOVE going to this store :) http://scrapbooks-etc.com/ If you're in the area on the 19th, you should come check out our booth. Here is a little sneak peak of one of the baby/toddler skirts that I am making for it.


George and I enjoyed a FREE lunch yesterday at the Lazy Dog Cafe near our home. It is a local chain...we used to enjoy happy hour (half price appetizers...woot!) at their Irvine location, so I called the other day to see when their West Covina location was officially opening. Well, they just so happened to be having pre-opening event over the weekend and since I called, I scored us an invitation. The free meal included an appetizer, soup/salad, entree, dessert, and a drink! It was great.

The combination of the colder weather and early signs of Christmas time, are making me so excited for the holidays. I love Thanksgiving/Christmas time!!! Thanksgiving is just 3 weeks away and our Denver trip is another week after that! George and I have a lot of traveling in our near future.

I am off to the gym tonight.......again. I have been keeping up with the running pretty well and have average 10 or so miles per week. My gym has a "cardio cinema" which is basically just a movie theater with cardio equipment. So, I have seen 40 minutes of a bunch of movies over the past couple of months. Occasionally, I wait around for the end of the movie and get some extra exercise in. When it's a boring movie, the run feels much longer.

That's all for now. Have a great Monday night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment