Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

So Long, Vacation!

Back to reality today after a "cushy" last couple of weeks of vacation time and holiday time. And before I forget, Happy New Year to you all! George and I rang in the New Year with the extended Lucas family at their annual Lucas Family Christmas Party. The tradition, started many years ago, is to have the party on the Saturday after Christmas. This year, it happened to fall on New Year's Eve. We were afraid that we would have to miss the party this year because of George's work schedule, but at the last minute, he was able to get the time off. We got there a few hours into the party, but still managed to see most of the family. We both look forward to seeing everyone together once a year...but I have to say, as his cousins are getting older and older, I feel like I'm getting shorter and shorter!! His family is so tall.

We spent some great time with my family this weekend as well. I swear that Paisley is changing so quickly. We saw her last week and this weekend she already had a few new tricks to show us. She is clapping and giving high fives. It cracks me up because every time she sees "Wee Grandma" (aka Grandma Clark), she puts out her hand for a high five.

We played this ridiculous dance game on Monday night with my entire family. It is a Wii game where you follow dance moves and get scored according to how well you perform the moves. Of course, I was horrible and Emily and Hannah were awesome. Yep, coordination skipped right over me. My Mom and Dad actually surprised me with some smooth moves. There are some videos floating around of the debacle, but let's hope those never surface :)

This weekend is right around the corner and I'm looking forward to no driving to/from Arizona. It's sad when you recognize the gas station attendant in Indio!

That's it for now...time to make some quesadillas for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment