Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Caramel Corn

Caramel Corn...check! (kind of)

Just finished up a batch of caramel corn. My goal was to make 12 little bags of it, but one batch only got me 8 so it looks like I'll be making some more tomorrow night.

I hit up Costco today too. Normally I love browsing the aisles of Costco to see what new stuff they have, but today it was so busy that I just wanted to get in, get the stuff I needed, and get out. I didn't even stop for samples :)

I will leave you with the caramel corn recipe...


Caramel Popcorn:

(Recipe from Audrey Warren)

1 C. Butter
2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Light Corn Syrup
1 Tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tsp. Vanilla
6 Quarts popped corn
Peanuts, optional

1. Melt butter in saucepan

2. Add sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir continuously until mixture comes to a boil. Let mixture boil without stirring for 5 minutes

3. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla

4. Slowly pour caramel over popped corn and optional peanuts. Mix well

5. Spread on 2 large baking pans. Bake, stirring every 15 minutes.

6. Remove from oven and break apart. Store in covered container.

7. Temperature 250 degrees

8. Time: 1 hour

GRR! Something strange is going on with my blog and it won't let me upload the pictures of the caramel corn. If I figure it out, I will add them.

No comments:

Post a Comment