Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Recap

Belated Merry Christmas to everyone! I was back to work today so Christmas feels long gone! George and I left for AZ on Friday afternoon and came home last night. We had a very, very quick couple of days with family. On Saturday (Christmas Eve), we went to church at 3pm, followed by some appetizers at home and then Christmas caroling. This is our second year Christmas caroling and I think the tradition is going to stick!

Last year on our way to AZ for Christmas, George was playing Christmas songs on his ukulele. I was kind of singing along when I had a great idea...we should carol later that night with my family!! So, when we got to the house, we ran the idea by everyone. Most of them thought it was a horrible idea, but we convinced them and everyone ended up loving it! All of our neighbors/friends were waiting for us this year. Our two songs this time were "Joy to the World" and "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". George played the guitar which definitely helped cover up my not-so-good singing :)

We spent Christmas morning with my family and Christmas afternoon/evening with George's family. We ate a tasty breakfast on Christmas morning (some kind of breakfast casserole and monkey bread) and then a delicious dinner (steak, mashed potatoes, etc.) at George's parent's. At night, we went to a see "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo". It was a really, really good movie (fyi- there are a few disturbing scenes). BUT the best part of the movie was the theater! Nick (George's movie-loving friend) suggested we go to AMC Cinema Suites near the Biltmore. It was one of those theaters that serves food and has reclining chairs. It is a very unique experience that you all should try out.

Like I said, the weekend went by too fast as I'm sure it did for you all. I hope everyone had a great Christmas too.

My blog is still being strange about picture uploads, but I managed post a few...




No comments:

Post a Comment