Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Denver Trip

I am finally getting around to updating my blog after a busy couple of weeks. I think I mentioned in my last post that George and I celebrated our Thanksgiving on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving morning together (I made a big breakfast for us) and I hit the road in the late morning. I arrived in Arizona just in time for Thanksgiving dinner with my family. Paisley even joined in on the Thanksgiving dinner and enjoyed the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, bread, and even a little bit of turkey. Emily, Hannah, Terrisa, my mom, and I planned out our Black Friday shopping strategy after dinner. So many stores actually opened on Thanksgiving day or 12am on Black Friday…which we did not like so much. We hit-up Michael’s and Wal-Mart on Thursday evening, and then called it quits until 6am on Friday morning. We weren’t going for any big electronics so we headed to the mall and ended up getting some great deals. I actually worked out of Phoenix on Monday and Tuesday and made it back to California just in time to do laundry and pack for our Colorado trip. We dodged the crazy Santa Ana winds here in Southern California and made it to Denver on Thursday afternoon. My cousin Dan and his wife Alaina joined the family this year on our annual Beaver Creek ski trip. Of course, The Ritz did not disappoint!! George’s skiing improved so much this year with his new skis – I was very proud! Emily, Terrisa, and I were in charge of the annual Friday night spaghetti dinner with all of the other Hill-Rom families (my mom and Hannah didn’t arrive until Friday night)…I think our execution was pretty good for our first time cooking for about 40 people! Today, it was back to reality….no more heated floors, valet, Ritz cookies, or a tea/coffee bar. Hannah and my mom, however, are off to Hawaii for marching band. Hannah’s band is playing for the 70thanniversary of Pearl Harbor. She is the first of my siblings to make it to Hawaii………needless to say, I think we’re all a little jealous :)

I am happy to be home to enjoy the Christmas season with George. I love this time of year!! We are finalizing our Christmas plans, but it’s looking like we will be traveling to Phoenix a couple of days before Christmas.

I will leave you all with a couple of pictures from the last couple of weeks:

Just arrived in Denver and waiting for the others...



Paisley and Hannah ready for some snow!


Got to love her mode of transportation!

No comments:

Post a Comment