Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Grill Pan

I recently mentioned that I received a grill pan for my birthday from my parents. I love it and it has expanded my cooking portfolio. I was in Trader Joe's last week and I saw some peppers that inspired me to make a fajitas kind of dish. George loved it so it is now in my repertoire of dinners....along with tortilla soup, bruschetta, chicken pot pie, and a few others :) Does anyone else feel like they make the same meals over and over?! Or is that just me???

There's not really a recipe b/c I make it up as I go, but here are some rough guidelines: I put the steak (I used sirloin from Trader Joe's), peppers, onions, cilantro, garlic, fresh lime juice, fresh lemon juice, jalapeno (George likes spicy), and mixed Mexican seasoning mix of some sort (cumin, pepper, salt, chili powder, onion powder, etc) in a ziplock and stored in the fridge overnight. When you're ready to cook, use a grill pan, if you have one! I just put some olive oil on the grill pan and once heated, I dump the contents of the ziplock onto the pan. We like the meat well done so it takes about 15 minutes. By then, the peppers and onions are just right (a little burnt is what I like)!

That's it! It is simple, but so delicious! I serve it with black beans (with a squeeze of fresh lime juice) and corn or flour tortillas on the side (but tortillas are not necessary if you're looking to cut calories). The best part is that it makes great leftovers for lunches....and since packing lunches was a resolution this year, that is important :)



No comments:

Post a Comment