Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Back to reality! I am having a hard time getting back in the groove after a 9+ days off! I could get used to having so much free time, sleeping in everyday, and doing whatever....

George wasn't able to take that much time off because his work is very busy this time of year, but he has been getting the weekends off lately which we both have been liking!

Sarah, Ian, and my Aunt Lesley visited us last week and it was great having them. Some of the highlights were dinner at Pane Bianco followed by dessert at the Sugar Bowl in Scottsdale, Jumpstreet (super fun indoor trampoline place), a stupid yet fun group game that we played on Christmas (don't know the name of it), and, of course, some post-Christmas shopping! My parents, Sarah, Ian, Aunt Lesley, and Hannah enjoyed a day trip up to the Grand Canyon on Friday as well. It was the Harts first time up there and they were glad they went. 

George and I both worked on New Year's Eve, but we had yesterday off. We had a small New Year's Eve party at our house with friends and siblings (can't believe it is 2013)! On New Year's day, George and I put some mileage on our bikes and rode around Gilbert and to Oregano's for lunch (and no, we didn't get a pizza cookie). Nick also joined us for the bike ride.

As for resolutions, George and I did spend some time discussing ours yesterday. Here are mine: 1. Work out! (duh, isn't that everyone's). With school and work, I have stopped the focus on working out and that bothers me. AND, I did go on a run yesterday and today on George's parents' old treadmill that they recently gave to us (we set up a work-out area in our garage so it couldn't be more convenient...no excuses). 2. Spend daily time in the Word! To be painfully honest, I have never been good about doing that consistently and again, that bothers me. I purchased a women's bible study book to help guide me. 3. Pack lunches for work....I know I am preaching to the choir here, but buying lunches can add up! We always have leftovers from dinner so that one shouldn't be too hard. 

On top of those three, I would like to do the following in 2013: read more, keep my blog up, try some new restaurants, decorate our bedroom and guest bedroom, visit Washington, DC and NYC (again, love it there), visit Boston (that will happen b/c we already booked a cruise out of there in July), meet some more neighbors....I'll stop there! 

Anyone else want to share their resolutions??? I'll leave you all with some pictures....

Hopefully we sent one of these to everyone, but just in case, here is our 2012 Christmas card. I am very particular about my Christmas card selection. I love picking up the design, paper, wording, and picture!


Terrisa, Chrissy, and I went on a walk last Friday morning with their girls (Charlotte is the bundled up one). It cracked me up because Terrisa went to go hold Charlotte and Paisley put her hands on her forehead and said, "No, nooo...." She didn't want to share her mommy. She joined the two of them in Terrisa's chair :)


Here are a couple of pictures from Jumpstreet (the trampoline place). It was hard to capture pictures b/c everyone was jumping all over the place. I believe this is Jeremiah. 


The "jumpers"! 


 The Harts on Christmas morning. It was great to have them!


George and I on Christmas morning and our gift for Paisley. I was so excited about this little shopping cart. I bought little, Paisley-size groceries to go in it. 



2 comments:

  1. From Dad W: I'll go with eat less and work out more regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ones, Dad! :) I'll hopefully be eating less too!

    ReplyDelete