Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Birthday Weekend

I mentioned it in my last post, but I can't get over how cold it has been here. I'm talking in the high 20s at night. That's not the Arizona I know! It is actually a nice change, but I think I'm ready for it to warm up a bit. 

I had a great birthday on Sunday. We started out the day with church at The Grove with Brian and Terrisa. Immediately after church we went to George's parents and enjoyed lunch and visiting. Anna got out some of George's old stuff from elementary school (school projects, writing, assignments, etc). We were dying at some of the stuff he and the other kids wrote. One of the funniest things was a project where George had to describe himself. His description of himself was "funny, good, lazy".....yep, that pretty much sums him up! HAHA! Seriously, what 2nd grader describes themself as lazy?! This other assignment was called "Piggy Tales" and basically all of the kids had to write a story about pigs (I guess they were learning about pigs). So, this one kid in the class writes a huge story that is exactly the same story as the movie Forest Gump. Literally, everything was the same, except he called the characters Piggy Gump and Piggy Jenny. Hilarious!

Anyway, after a good laugh there, we headed to the Grimaldi's at San Tan for some pizza with my entire family. Their pizza is my favorite! Afterward, we headed back to our house for some presents and Creme Brulee Cheesecake, compliments of my mom. I got some great stuff including a really awesome drink dispenser from Sur La Table (one of my favorite stores) and a grill pan (we don't have a grill so it is going to come in handy). 

And....some pictures! My dad converted Emily's old bedroom into a man cave. I was over at there house the other day and took some pictures of it. I'm lucky he let me in!




No comments:

Post a Comment