Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

I am winding down and doing a few minutes of browsing before going to bed, so I thought I would take a moment to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Grandma Warren!!! :) As mentioned before, she is a reader of mine so she will see this shout out.

Also, I wanted to share what I believe to be an excellent birthday idea for a friend or family member. A few years ago for one of my Grandma's milestone birthdays, all of her family put together what we called "Kind Notes". The idea was actually found on some website or blog. Basically, everyone's instructions were to write a note(s) of some kind to her. They could be about anything; no rules really. Examples were, "Remember the time we.....?" or "I love the way you....." or "my favorite thing about you is...." We collected all of the notes and put them into a big jar for her. Anyway, just wanted to share because it is gift that many, many people can contribute to. It is free and way more meaningful than anything you could spend money on. And now, maybe someone will stumble across my blog and get the idea!

My parents are going to Italy and the island of Cyprus in a few short weeks. Talk about JEALOUS, huh? George and I were talking the other day about how we are getting the travel bug. I love planning for a trip and a big trip, out of the country, is the best kind to plan for! Dad- are you and mom going to do a blog? I know mom did that when she went to the UK a few years ago.

Time for bed........

No comments:

Post a Comment